The subject of sex might be a bit taboo for a lot of people to talk about, but the truth is that it’s something that impacts everyone. For singles, sex can be an incredibly powerful tool for meeting new people and forging relationships if used properly. For married couples or those in committed relationships, however, it can become one of the biggest obstacles between partners if its use isn’t managed properly.
No matter what your particular situation is like though, sex does play an important role for everyone – especially since most people simply aren’t satisfied with their romantic lives without it. Without having some form of physical fulfillment on at least occasion sexual tension can quickly build up and begin to create issues that no one wants to deal with.
To put it another way, sex is one of the elements that keep a relationship together, and it can be just as important for those who have been paired up from the very beginning as those who are looking into new partners.
This collection of sex quotes is an attempt to help you discover new, exciting angles for love and intimacy.
Sex is a powerful force that impacts all aspects of our lives. It’s no wonder that it’s one of the more popular topics of conversation around the world!
Whether you are trying to find new ways to improve your relationship or wondering how to keep things interesting in your current partner, having some fun with these quotes can be very beneficial.
50 Best Sex Quotes for Relationships, Love and Intimacy Video
50 Best Sex Quotes for Relationships, Love and Intimacy
1. “Sex is not marriage but sex is part of marriage.” – Justice Kojo Betil
2. “Sex can be such a stark barometer for a marriage.” – John Eldredge
3. “Love and sex do not sustain a marriage.” – Majid Michel
4. “Sex is about the quality of your entire love life, not the intricate alignment of your bodies.” – Kevin Leman
5. “But you shouldn’t give up on having a great sex life once you’re married. Intimacy is key to having a healthy, functional, and overall happy relationship.” – Chris Kraft, Ph.D.
6. “Passionate sex is great. A passionate marriage filled with passionate sex… so much better.” – marriage.com
7. “Couples who schedule time to connect with each other have healthier, happier relationships.” – Chris Kraft, Ph.D.
8. “Sex is one of the most powerful gifts God ever created. It was designed to bring a man and woman together in a physical, emotional and spiritual bond that would create, pleasure, intimacy and also procreation.” – Dave and Ashley Willis
9. “Yes, sex involves our bodies. But it doesn’t involve only – or even primarily – our bodies. It’s so much more than that.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
10. “Men and women approach sex very differently. Men make love to feel loved. Women need to feel loved to make love.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
11. “Sexual intimacy is a continuing process of discovery.” – Sheri Stritof
12. “Intimacy between the husband and wife is one of the characteristics of a healthy marriage. One of the problems is that we have different ideas as to what it means to have intimacy. For some husbands “intimacy” means “sex”. For most wives, intimacy is something far more emotional.” – Dr. Gary Chapman
13. “Intimacy is a totally different dimension. It is allowing the other to come into you, to see you as you see yourself.” – Osho
14. “Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.” – Jimmy Dean
15. “True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
16. “You always gain by giving love.” – Reese Witherspoon
17. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
18. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
19. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” – John Updike
20. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
21. “Love is friendship that has caught fire.” – Ann Landers
22. “Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” – Billy Crystal
23. “I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was ‘the mangoes on top and the woman underneath.’ For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds.” – Joan Rivers
24. “A good sexual relationship is built on emotional intimacy and closeness.” – Terry Gaspard
25. “Sex is emotion in motion.” – Mae West
26. “It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover.” – Marge Piercy
27. “Billions of people have had sex. I don’t know how many have actually made love.” – Sheila Way Gregoire
28. “Sex without love is as hollow and ridiculous as love without sex.” – Hunter S. Thompson
29. “Sex, whatever else it is, is an athletic skill. The more you practice, the more you can, the more you want to, the more you enjoy it, the less it tires you.” – Robert A. Heinlein
30. “Sex is always about emotions. Good sex is about free emotions; bad sex is about blocked emotions.” ― Deepak Chopra
31. Sex without love is merely a healthy exercise. — Robert A. Heinlein
32. Everything that truly makes us happy is quite simple – love, sex, and food! — Meryl Streep
33. Sex is a part of love. You shouldn’t go around doing it unless you are in love. — Bettie Page
34. “Sex is a momentary itch, love never lets you go.” — Kingsley Amis
35. “Nobody dies from the lack of sex. It’s lack of love we die from.” — Margaret Atwood
36. “Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children; life is the other way around.” ~ David Lodge
37. “Sex is a big question mark. It is something people will talk about forever.” — Catherine Deneuve
38. “Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.” –– Marilyn Monroe
39. “Sex lies at the root of life, and we can never learn to reverence life until we know how to understand sex.” –– Havelock Ellis
40. “We are all born sexual creatures, thank God, but it’s a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.” ― Marilyn Monroe
41. “Sex pretty much cures everything.” — Chuck Palahniuk
42. “Don’t have sex with the windows open. Love may be blind but the neighbors aren’t.” –– Shawn Alff
43. “It isn’t premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.” –– George Burns
44. “Sex is the consolation you have when you can’t have love”― Gabriel García Márquez
45. “The difference between sex and love is that sex relieves tension and love causes it.”― Woody Allen
46. I never understood why anyone would have sex on the floor. Until I was with you and I realized: you don’t ever realize you’re on the floor.”― David Levithan, The Lover’s Dictionary
47. “Sex between a man and a woman can be wonderful, provided you can get between the right man and the right woman.”― Woody Allen
48. “I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them.” ~ Jay McInerney
49. “An intellectual is a person who’s found one thing that’s more interesting than sex.” —Aldous Huxley
50. “Sex is like money. Only too much is enough.” —John Updike
To summarise, it is important to understand that for some people sex may not be the most important part of a relationship, especially if there are other factors that are more critical. There are also many other ways to get intimacy and love without having sex in the bedroom.
However, sex is an enjoyable aspect of relationships for many people so long as both parties consent and engage in consensual activity free from abuse or manipulation.
Sex can bring joy and pleasure when shared between loving partners in a kind, passionate and consensual way. How you choose to express your sexuality in your private life is totally up to you; just remember to stay healthy by practicing safer sex at all times.
Online courses recommended for you:
- Relationship Coaching: Transform Problems into Growth & Love:
Develop true love & greater intimacy & a relationship growth mindset, stop destructive conflicts, find meaning & purpose.
- Love & Connection: The Science of Successful Relationships:
This course will show you how to examine the unknown path that you’ll travel with your spouse, and carefully evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship.
Books recommended for you:
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.