Teachers play an extraordinary part in our lives. They are the people who educate society and impart their knowledge upon impressionable years. Teachers matter in so many different ways. They are the reason why we have engineers, doctors, pilots, and many more professionals scattering all over the world. What we learn from them at a very young age will most likely stay for the rest of our lives.
We all know that their job is hard and at times may seem like energy is in short supply. Sometimes they also need a little motivation that’ll encourage them and boost their energy to continue their passion and profession.
Now, let’s take time to read these 60 inspirational quotes I’ve handpicked for our beloved teachers.
1. “Wherever you find something extraordinary, you’ll find the fingerprints of a great teacher.” –Arne Duncan
2. “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” –Joyce Meyer
3. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” –Albert Einstein
4. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” –Malala Yousafzai
5. “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” –Brad Henry
6. “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” –Solomon Ortiz
7. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” –Bill Gates
8. “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.” –Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
9. “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes. –Guy Kawasaki
10. “When you study great teachers… you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.” –William Glasser
11. “I am a teacher. It’s how I define myself. A good teacher isn’t someone who gives the answers out to their kids but is understanding of needs and challenges and gives tools to help other people succeed. That’s the way I see myself, so whatever it is that I will do eventually after politics, it’ll have to do a lot with teaching.” –Justin Trudeau
12. “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’.” –Dan Rather
13. “Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students.” –Charles Kuralt
14. “They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton even when you don’t know it” –Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
15. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” –Alexander the Great
16. “The Master said, A true teacher is one who, keeping the past alive, is also able to understand the present.” (Analects 2.11)” –Confucius
17. “The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” –Mark Van Doren
18. “The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.” –Alexandra K.Trenfor
19. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” –Henry Adams
20. “The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” –C.S. Lewis
21. “Only one person in a million becomes enlightened without a teacher’s help.” –Bodhidharma
22. “If you don’t have a teacher you can’t have a disciple.” –Dallas Willard
23. “Teach love, generosity, good manners and some of that will drift from the classroom to the home and who knows, the children will be educating the parents.” –Roger Moore
24. “It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.” –Michael Morpurgo
25. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” –William Arthur Ward
26. “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.” –John Wooden
27. “I touch the future. I teach.” –Christa McAuliffe
28. “Every great leader is a great teacher, and the greatest leaders seize every opportunity to teach well.” –Albert Mohler
29. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. ” –Benjamin Franklin
30. “Your best teacher is the person offering you your greatest challenge.” –Cheryl Richardson
31. “Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.” –Deuteronomy 32:2
32. “Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.” –Proverbs 9:9
33. “Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.” –Aristotle
34. “The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.” –Aristotle
35. “Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself.” –Paulo Coelho
36. “A good teacher, like a good entertainer, first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson.” –John Henrik Clarke
37. “Great teachers emanate out of knowledge, passion and compassion.” –A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
38. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” –Bob Talbert.
39. “A teacher is never too smart to learn from his pupils.” –Bill Bowerman
40. “So what does a good teacher do? Create tension – but just the right amount.” –Donald Norman
41. “A good teacher is like a good artist. They go right to the most difficult part of whatever’s going on.” –Bruce Nauman
42. “A good teacher who can take the zero pay and help kids develop physically, emotionally, socially, is literally an angel.” –Eva Amurri
43. “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” –Karl A. Menninger
44. “The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.” –Ally Carter.
45. “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.” –Gail Godwin
46. “The average teacher explains complexity; the gifted teacher reveals simplicity.” –Robert Brault
47. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” –B. F. Skinner
48. “It is a greater work to educate a child, in the true and larger sense of the word, than to rule a state”. –Dr. William Ellery Channing
49. “Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all other professions possible.” –David Haselkorn.
50. “The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-trust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciples.” –Amos Bronson Alcott
51. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” –Khalil Gibran
52. “The test of a good teacher is not how many questions he can ask his pupils that they will answer readily, but how many questions he inspires them to ask him which he finds it hard to answer.”–Alice Wellington Rollins,
53. “We must become what we wish to teach.” –Nathaniel Branden, Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
54. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” –Colleen Wilcox
55. “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.” –William Butler Yeats
56. “Most of us end up with no more than five or six people who remember us. Teachers have thousands of people who remember them for the rest of their lives.”–Andy Rooney
57. “Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.” –Nikos Kazantzakis
58. “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” –Scott Hayden
59. “Teaching is the highest art; before the doctor, there was a teacher.” –Steve Perry
60. “The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’” –Maria Montessori
You may also pick your best quotes and share them with our great educators to show that you value and appreciate them, not only on Teacher’s Day or Teacher’s Appreciation Day but on any days of our lives which they have illuminated.
Remember that teacher’s day shouldn’t be the only day to celebrate, appreciate and honor them. We should all thank them every day for showing us knowledge, helping us understand the things around us, guiding us to discover our own full potential and molding us into becoming the person we are today.
ALSO READ: 7 Real Struggles Only Teachers Understand
Online courses recommended for you:
- Health, Happiness & Home Guide: For Young People!
To help young people to learn how to achieve optimal health and how to get the most out of life; covers all the aspects one needs to improve their physical health, diet, spirituality, self-discovery, meditation, yoga, daily routine, mindset and personal development!
- Create A Simple Daily Success Routine To Transform Your Life
Introducing ‘The Amazing Routine’ – Boost your Happiness, Confidence, Focus, Motivation and Power.
Photo by Wokandapix