Many of us embark on a weight loss journey in order to look good and keep with today’s standards of beauty. However, not all of us understand the true meaning of weight loss, as it’s not just about shedding off the unwanted, unnecessary fat, but more about transitioning towards a healthier wellbeing. But what keeps other individuals motivated in their hitting their weight loss goals?
The secret is nothing but having an inspiration.
This doesn’t automatically mean that you’re inspired by a particular someone; rather, it can be about life’s simple joys that you can embrace once you’ve hit your target weight and figure. This may also mean bigger aspirations, such as proving to yourself that you are better than you expected, that you are able to put your strengths to a more meaningful use.
Finding an inspiration isn’t always something that has to be tangible. Sometimes, it’s a state of mind that is powered by words of wisdom. Hence, if you are looking for such kind words that you can use to maintain your drive towards a leaner and healthier you, then you may want to check these inspirational quotes about healthy diet below:
When you are still in the process of justifying the switch to a healthy lifestyle:
1. Eat for the body you WANT, not for the body you have.
2. Food is fuel, not therapy.
3. Three months from now, you will thank yourself.
4. Junk food you’ve craved for an hour, or THE BODY YOU’VE CRAVED FOR A LIFETIME? Your decision.
5. My heart says chocolate and wine, but my jeans say FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EAT A SALAD.
When you have already started going on a diet, but are tempted to cheat:
6. Dear stomach: you’re bored, not hungry. So shut up.
7. I can’t control everything in my life but I can control what I put in my body.
8. Eat for the body you WANT, not for the body you have.
9. Note to self: when you eat like crap, you feel like crap.
10. Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.
11. Eating well is a form of self-respect.
12. The second day of a diet is always easier than the first.
13. Tip to reduce weight: Turn your head to the right, then to the left. Repeat the exercise every time you are offered something to eat.
When you are looking for reasons why you chose to go on a diet:
14. Do it for… the stares, the whispers, that bikini, the collarbone, the hipbone, the gap between your thighs, the belly shirts, the melted sweaters, the light-as-a-feather feeling, the cute pictures, the sexy lingerie, and most importantly… YOURSELF.
15. Skip the diet. Just EAT HEALTHY.
When you feel like you’re not doing it right:
16. Don’t start a diet that has an expiration date. Focus on a lifestyle that will last FOREVER.
17. Trust the process. Slow progress is better than no progress!
18. In two weeks, you’ll feel it. In four weeks, you’ll see it. In eight weeks, you’ll hear it.
19. Remind yourself: you’re not dieting. You’re changing your lifestyle.
20. Do not compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday.
21. Little by little, a little becomes a lot.
When you are trying to overcome the lazy feeling:
22. What do you hate more? That 30-minute workout or those 30 extra pounds?
23. Remember, this month’s diet is next months’ body.
24. Everything you can imagine about how you will look and feel when you lose weight is real.
25. “Wow, I really regret that workout,” –said no one ever.
When you want to draw inspiration from celebrities:
26. “Looking good and feeling good go hand in hand. If you have a healthy lifestyle, your diet and nutrition are set, and you’re working out, you’re going to feel good.” –Jason Statham
27. “You can be the most beautiful person on Earth, and if you don’t have a fitness or diet routine, you won’t be beautiful.” –Martha Stewart.
28. “I love my butter pecan ice cream, but I also love to work out. We all have our issues. Mine is arms and legs, keeping them tight and toned. It takes work, believe me.” –Beyonce Knowles
29. “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them, everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” –Michael Jordan
30. “There are times when I feel lazy and just want to stay in bed all day, but I know that working out is the best way to get those endorphins going, which will make me feel better emotionally and physically.” –Heather Locklear
31. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does –that makes you a winner right there.” –Venus Williams
Using these quotes
You may have seen some people stick posters of these quotes on their bedroom walls, while others have these on their phones and computer screens. Well, having these words visible help a lot in reminding you that you’re currently on a journey towards achieving a healthy diet and lifestyle –and that there’s still a lot of work that needs to be done.
While you’re at it, why not have these quotes present in your immediate environment, such as your bedroom, your fridge, and your workspace. This way, you are not only reminded about your goals, but more importantly, you get a dose of positive vibes especially during times when you feel like you’re about to give up.
Remember, it all starts with the proper mindset. Commit to embracing a healthy lifestyle, and everything else follows –the diet, the workout, and the discipline. And let these words above keep you levelheaded as you pursue your fitness aspirations.
So what are you waiting for? Let these quotes be your driving force towards becoming a healthier and a more beautiful you.