A famous saying says “No Man is an Island”, so as a Human Being we cannot live without people beside us and one of them is what we called FRIENDS. Friends are the family that we choose, may not be related by blood but surely connected by love. Friends is someone who likes and knows of what we truly are and accept us for who we really are. It gives you the feeling that someone understands and appreciates you as you are.
Friendship has a million of definition just to prove how genuine your relationship but it takes a real experience to perfectly describe what really friendship is. A real friend knows everything about your good and bad side but never hates you. And will always be there in times of your ups and downs in life.
Here are 25 best quotes you can share to your friends and bestfriends on Facebook…
1. “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” ― C.J. Langenhoven
2. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” ― Henry David Thoreau
3. “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” ― Aristotle
4. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” ― Bob Marley
5. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” ― Helen Keller
6. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” ― Muhammad Ali
7. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
8. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
9. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
10. “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ― Abraham Lincoln
11. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” ― Anaïs Nin
12. “Nobody likes being alone that much. I don’t go out of my way to make friends, that’s all. It just leads to disappointment. ”― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
13. “There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.” ― Irving Stone, Clarence Darrow for the Defense
14. “Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble.” ― Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
15. “Anybody can sympathise with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.” ― Oscar Wilde
16. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” ― WaqarWaqar Ahmed
17. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.” ― Jim Morrison
18. “This is how it works. I love the people in my life, and I do for my friends whatever they need me to do for them, again and again, as many times as is necessary. For example, in your case you always forgot who you are and how much you’re loved. So what I do for you as your friend is remind you who you are and tell you how much I love you. And this isn’t any kind of burden for me, because I love who you are very much. Every time I remind you, I get to remember with you, which is my pleasure.” ― James Lecesne
19. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” ― Elizabeth Foley
20. “A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.” ” ― R. J. L.
21. “Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache; do be my enemy-for friendship’s sake. ” ― William Blake
22. “The holy passion of friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money. ” ― Mark Twain
23. “The only service a friend can really render is to keep up your courage by holding up to you a mirror in which you can see a noble image of yourself. ” ― George Bernard Shaw
24. “Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. ” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” ― Martin Luther King
Friends cannot only be determined if he/she is there for you in times of your sorrow rather he/she is there for you to give you an applause and appreciation in times of your success and happiness.
Image source: Pixabay