With more than 7 billion people living on Earth, there are probably well over 20 million proverbs and sayings in the world. The vast majority of them are neither interesting nor useful. But among all these proverbs, Jewish proverbs stand out as unique little jewels of wisdom.
Whether you are a Jew or not, everyone can benefit from learning about some of these great truths that have been written by our ancestors thousands of years ago.
Here is a list of 50 best Jewish proverbs that will make you think, laugh and hopefully inspire you to establish your own traditions to pass along to future generations.
50 Best Jewish Proverbs and Sayings about Life, Trust and Wisdom Video
50 Best Jewish Proverbs and Sayings about Life, Trust and Wisdom
1. A drowning man will grab even for the point of a sword.
2. Even in this world, one can taste the joy of paradise.
3. Do not drain the waters of your well while other people may desire them.
4. Even the most expensive clock still shows sixty minutes in every hour.
5. A leader is not necessarily one who knows the way but one who thinks he knows the way.
6. A man too good for the world is no good for his wife.
7. A house divided against itself – its future is to be destroyed.
8. At different ages, a person feels differently.
9. When a fool is sent to market, all the merchants are happy.
10. When a habit begins to cost money, it’s called a hobby.
11. Don’t follow the majority in the wrong path, because the majority are not always wise.
12. A person who travels knows a great deal
13. God is a father; luck is a stepfather.
14. Happiness is found in the heart.
15. He that knows nothing, doubts nothing.
16. A mother understands what a child does not say.
17. Sometimes even the liar will speak the truth.
18. Baseless hate is a serious disease.
19. A person is lonely until he finds himself.
20. Every man knows that he must die, but no one believes it.
21. Experience is the mother of wisdom.
22. Better ask twice than go wrong once.
23. If your son-in-law is good, you gained a son. If he is bad, you’ve lost a daughter.
24. It is not every question that deserves an answer.
25. Jealousy has teeth made of iron.
26. Judge every person with the benefit of the doubt.
27. If the pupil is smart, the teacher gets the credit.
28. If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people he gives it to.
29. Luck makes you wise, luck makes you wealthy.
30. Lend your money and lose your friend.
31. Beware of the person who gives you advice according to his own interests.
32. Charity and pride have different aims, yet both feed the poor.
33. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and morality.
34. A small hole can sink a big ship.
35. He who puts up with insult invites injury.
36. I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.
37. I learned much from my teachers, more from my friends, and the most from my pupils.
38. Say little and do much.
39. Because of money, the world became ugly.
40. God created man in His own image.
41. Money will buy you everything but good sense.
42. Never trust people who tell you all their troubles but keep from you all their joys.
43. Provide for the worst; the best can take care of itself.
44. Real success is success of the soul.
45. A person should walk down the middle of the path, and not veer to one side or the other.
46. Sympathy doesn’t provide food, but it makes hunger more endurable.
47. Trees were created for mankind’s companionship.
48. Stupid solutions that succeed are still stupid solutions.
49. Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.
50. If a Jew cannot be a shoemaker, he will dream of being a professor.
Do you know why famous people are remembered by almost everyone up to this time? It is because they stand up for their beliefs, even if it’s different or unbelievable to people. That’s called confidence. They never fear being judged.
The most important thing is, when things get scary and you feel insecure, don’t give up on yourself. You are special in your own way- always remember that!
You are a star; do not let your brightness be blocked by fear and lose the confidence that you have inside of you!
Online courses recommended for you:
- 7 Critical Areas to Develop before Graduating from College
Grow, Win and Thrive as you Develop Knowledge and Skills that Last a Lifetime; This is a power-packed course for college students who aspire to develop themselves in ways that will undeniably propel them to unimaginable heights of success during college and thereafter. It is right for you if you are serious about becoming the BEST version of yourself and thrive during and after college.
- Create A Simple Daily Success Routine To Transform Your Life
Introducing ‘The Amazing Routine’ – Boost your Happiness, Confidence, Focus, Motivation and Power.
- Life Mastery – Happiness, Health & Success
Practical techniques to successfully master work-life balance, happiness, and goal setting; If you feel like things aren’t turning out as you’d dreamed, you want to progress faster, or you’re overwhelmed with stress and worry, then this course will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Books recommended for you:
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.