Women were stereotyped as “weaker than men” or they only belonged inside the house, taking care of the children and her husband. They felt oppressed and had to work very hard to fight for their rights and prove their worth in the society. Now, women are celebrated because of their courage, beauty, and perseverance to do the things they want to achieve in life.
To inspire every woman in the world, here are 50 inspirational quotes about their strength and empowerment.
1. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” –Margaret Thatcher
2. “I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” –Malala Yousafzai
3. ”Amazing things happen when women help other women.” –Kasia Gospos
4. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” –Michelle Obama
5. ”The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” –Susan B. Anthony
6. “Darling, when things go wrong in life, you lift your chin, put on a ravishing smile, mix yourself a little cocktail…” -Sophie Kinsella
7. “I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that’s me.” –Maya Angelou
8. ”I think it takes a strong man to be in a relationship with a strong woman. A lot of people hear the word ‘diva’ and think of it as a negative. I see it as a positive. I want somebody who knows what they want out of life and isn’t afraid to show it.” –Nick Cannon
9. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” –Rihanna in the March 2017 issue of Harper’s BAZAAR.
10. ”Every girl and every woman, has the potential to make this world a better place, and that potential lies in the act of thinking higher thoughts and feeling deeper things. When women and girls, everywhere, begin to see themselves as more than inanimate objects; but as beautiful beings capable of deep feelings and high thoughts, this has the capacity to create change all around. The kind of change that is for the better.” –C. JoyBell C.
11. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” –Helen Keller
12. “Women are the nourishing power of the Universe. Whoever has deep respect for women of the world, will remain free from diseases.” –Amit Ray
13. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” –Madeleine Albright
14. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” –G.D. Anderson
15. “Girls can do anything boys can do in high heels!” –Brooke Sachau
16. “To all the little girls who are watching, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” –Hillary Clinton in her 2016 concession speech
17. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” –Maya Angelou
18. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” –Melinda Gates
19. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” –Amelia Earhart.
20. “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, you don’t owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked ‘female.'” –Erin McKean
21. “Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience.” –Sonia Choquette.
22. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” –Nancy Pelosi
23. “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” –Oprah.
24. “Women have to work much harder to make it in this world. It really pisses me off that women don’t get the same opportunities as men do, or money for that matter. Because lets face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define our values and to define what’s sexy and what’s feminine and that’s bullshit. At the end of the day, it’s not about equal rights, it’s about how we think. We have to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves.” –Beyoncé
25. ”Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes”” –Clare Boothe Luce
26. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” –Sheryl Sandberg
27. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” –Malala Yousafzai
28. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” –Janis Joplin
29. “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with” –Ellen J. Barrier
30. “If there’s one thing you should understand better than the humans, it’s that females should never be ruled out by virtue of strength. Some of us have ways to equalize the equation.” –Dee Tenorio, Tempting the Enemy
31. “The girls who were unanimously considered beautiful often rested on their beauty alone. I felt I had to do things, to be intelligent and develop a personality in order to be seen as attractive. By the time I realized maybe I wasn’t plain and might even possibly be pretty, I had already trained myself to be a little more interesting and informed.” –Diane Von Furstenberg
32. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” –Mae Jemison
33. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” -Beyoncé
34. “A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
35. ”You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” -Mary Elizabeth Winstead
36. ”Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses.” -Madame Marie du Deffand
37. ”The king may rule the kingdom, but it’s the queen who moves the board.” -D.M. Timney
38. ”Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.” -Anita Roddick
39. ”Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” -Charlotte Whitton
40. “Women are the real architects of society.” –Harriet Beecher Stowe
41. “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” –Sheryl Sandberg
42. “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights, once and for all.” –Hillary Clinton
43. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” –Maya Angelou
44. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” –Margaret Thatcher
45. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” –Anne Frank
46. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” –Coco Chanel
47. “I think the best role models for women are people who are fruitfully and confidently themselves, who bring light into the world.” –Meryl Streep
48. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” –Kamala Harris
49. “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names…It was woman that gave you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It was woman that gave you Malcolm X. And according to the Bible, it was a woman that gave you Jesus. Don’t you ever forget it.” –Janelle Monáe
50. “Women were different from men in such matters. Was it that they were, instead of more sensitive, as reputed, more callous, and less romantic; or were they more heroic?” -Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscure
There you have it, ladies! I hoped those quotes above inspired you to pursue the things that you want to achieve in life. Strive hard and always know that you are stronger than you think you are. And you can do whatever you want to do, as long as you have the determination and perseverance to achieve it.
ALSO READ: 40 Inspirational Quotes about Inner Beauty
Photo by Marion Michele