Losing weight is just the same as moving on from a heartache. It takes time and patience, and determination in order to win. And in both situations, we are faced with a lot of challenges and setbacks that make us go astray and lose direction –and before we know it, we’re back to square one.
If there’s one thing that sure helps us stay on track when working towards weight loss goals, then that would be precious motivational words. These kind words are more than just self-esteem boosters, especially when they are given by friends and loved ones; they maintain our morale every step of the way.
It’s not every day though that our support group would motivate us to stay fit and fab. Hence, if you are feeling a bit down while in the middle of your journey, these motivational quotes may be of great help.
Motivate yourself at the start of the day:
1. Get up every morning and tell yourself: “I can do this!”
2. Three months from now, you will thank yourself.
3. A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it’s not going to happen overnight.
4. Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
5. No more negative body thoughts. No more “I’ll do it tomorrow.” No more sitting and wishing for a thinner me. No more eating when I am not hungry. No more waiting for this to get easier. No more muffin tops. No more wobbly thighs. No more soft, round tummy. No more “buts…” No more “I can’t”. No more “it’s too hard.” No more “I’m tired.” NO MORE EXCUSES.
6. Every new day is another chance to change your life.
7. I cannot change yesterday, but I can change today.
8. It’s just you against you.
9. You don’t have to see the whole staircase; just take the FIRST STEP.
When you need to be reminded of the person you want to be:
10. Make it happen. Shock every single one of them.
11. Be the person THAT decided to go for it.
12. Don’t you want to see what happens if you don’t give up?
13. Don’t you dare complain about your weight if you are DOING NOTHING about it.
14. You are not going to get the butt you want by sitting on it.
15. TODAY is my tomorrow. It’s up to me to shape it. TO TAKE CONTROL and seize every opportunity. The power is in the choices I MAKE EACH DAY. I eat well. I live well. I SHAPE ME.
When you are feeling impatient about the slow results:
16. Stay patient and trust your journey.
17. Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.
18. If you’re tired of starting over, STOP giving up.
19. Suffer the pain of DISCIPLINE or suffer the pain of REGRET.
20. Once you see RESULTS, it becomes an ADDICTION.
21. 1 pound of fat is 3,500 CALORIES. If you want to lose 1 pound per week, then just burn 500 calories per day more than you eat. Weight loss is science, not magic.
22. When you feel like quitting, ask yourself why you started.
23. Never let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey.
24. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up.
25. It’s a slow process, but QUITTING won’t speed it up.
When you are asking yourself WHY you chose to go on a weight loss journey:
26. It’s not a diet. It’s a healthier lifestyle.
27. Forget about getting skinny. Eat well and exercise. The weight will take care of itself.
28. People have to realize that DIETING is not a sprint. It’s a marathon. If you celebrate the small victories, you will eventually win the war.
When you feel tempted to cheat:
29. Be stronger than your excuses.
30. What you eat in private eventually is what you wear in public. Eat clean, look lean.
31. Just think about what happens when you lose 36 pounds…
32. Look in the mirror… that’s your competition.
33. Eat LESS sugar. You’re sweet enough already.
When you feel tired of the daily grind:
34. The moment you want to QUIT is the moment where you need to keep on pushing.
35. It took more than a day to put it on. It will take more than a day to take it off. Move.
36. One pound at a time.
37. Remember, champions keep playing until they get it right.
38. The reward will be better than you imagined, keep it up!
39. Sore today, STRONG TOMORROW.
40. Don’t lose faith, LOSE WEIGHT.
41. You’re not losing weight. YOU’RE GETTING RID OF IT. And you have no intention of finding it again.
Daily weight loss mantras:
42. You cannot spell CHALLENGE without CHANGE.
43. It’s your difference. Make it HAPPEN.
44. I CAN and I WILL. Watch me!
45. Remember, you are not a heavy person trying to slim down. You are a trim, healthy person learning to reemerge.
The true weight loss journey begins with the mind, with your decision to move forward and become fit. Putting your thoughts into actions may be easy at first, but the challenges become harder as time passes by –and you should be expecting these to happen already. You may want to keep these words in mind and heart so that you have something to look forward to as you continue with your weight loss aspirations; the time will come when you realize that you have not just fulfilled your goals, but went beyond your expectations as well.
Just keep your head up high and carry on! Look forward to a healthier and a more beautiful you, inside and out!
Online courses recommended for you:
- Create A Simple Daily Success Routine To Transform Your Life
Introducing ‘The Amazing Routine’ – Boost your Happiness, Confidence, Focus, Motivation and Power.
- Life Mastery – Happiness, Health & Success
Practical techniques to successfully master work-life balance, happiness, and goal setting; If you feel like things aren’t turning out as you’d dreamed, you want to progress faster, or you’re overwhelmed with stress and worry, then this course will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.