The world of love can be quite confusing and frustrating. If only we could walk up to someone we like and outright tell them that we like them and they will respond that they like us back, then there will only be happily ever afters in this world. But life doesn’t work that way, not everyone gets to have their happy endings, and not everyone will get to know who likes them or not.
But it doesn’t have to be that way for you. There are ways to know if somebody has a crush on you, likes you, or is even madly in love with you! You just have to look out for the signs, and unfortunately, humans weren’t born with boards pinned to their chests stating their very feelings.
Things Girls Do When They Like You
It’s especially harder for boys to know when a girl likes them because their minds were never intentionally wired for picking up these hints. But if you’re lucky enough to be reading this article, here’s how to tell if a girl likes you:
1. She makes time for you.
Of course, she does! She obviously likes you if she makes time for you and when we say make time, we don’t mean you get to see each other during classes or common and general meetings. She makes time by actually clearing out her supposed busy schedule just to see you, talk to you, or hang out with you.
2. She wants to hang out with you all the time.
As long as you’re there, she will also be there. If you find yourself often hanging around at parties with her presence there, even though she declined to come in the first place, then it’s likely that there’s a teeny tiny chance that she likes you. Why else should she give you a special time and attention?
3. She responds quickly.
If you send her a text message, your phone lights up within ten seconds, if you call her on her phone, she picks up within the first few rings, and when you ask her if she wants to hang out with you and your friends, there’s never a hesitant “no” to her answers! In short, she responds quickly to all invitations, especially if it’s coming from you. And why wouldn’t she if she clearly, really, really likes you?
ALSO READ: 10 Obvious Signs Your Friend Likes You
4. She develops the opposite personality.
On the other hand, if she suddenly distances herself for an unknown reason, if she doesn’t text you anymore, doesn’t hang out with you, or avoids you at all costs, then something is surely up. It can either be two things: first, you have probably done something to upset her and she refuses to talk about it, or two, she has started liking you and she can’t handle the very sight of you. It’s always best to confront girls about these things, who knows, she might end up confessing her feelings after all!
5. She takes note of the little things.
When a girl likes a guy, she will take note of all the little things he says and every detail she can take from his life story. Don’t be surprised when suddenly shares a fun fact video about a movie you really like or invite you to a band you casually mentioned to her last week. She will take every opportunity to learn about you from you and she will do her best to make a good impression if she really likes you.
6. She can’t keep eye contact.
For most people, it’s almost impossible to keep eye contact with someone they really like. Maybe they’re afraid that if they look, they’ll fall even deeper in love or maybe the gaze from their crush’s eyes is too intense and they’re scared of feeling vulnerable. If she shies away from looking at you when you talk to her, then there’s a huge chance that she’s crushing on you too.
ALSO READ: 15 Signs Your Crush Likes You
7. She blushes around you.
One of the most obvious physical signs of attraction is the blush. Those faint hints of pink creeping up to her cheeks when she looks and talks to you is a tell-tale sign of likeness. Take note that the more she does this around your presence, the more confirmed it is that that girl is clearly smitten by the likes of you!
8. She makes slight physical contact.
Not so many girls are daring to do this, but there are still some that do. Slight physical contact is casually leaning on you when you’re hanging out with a bunch of friends, her hand lingering longer than intended when you pass her the notebook from last class, or even just the harmless pat on the back means so much more now. There’s no easy way to identify this, but you have to trust your gut that you will always know.
9. She takes the time to get to know you.
Your favorite movie, your goals, your first time losing a tooth, your least favorite food, or whatever it is, she wants to know what it is. She might ask prying questions or she will casually mask these intentions with other questions, the point is, she wants to get to know you better. When you like a person, wouldn’t you take the opportunity to get to know every inch of their life?
10. She doesn’t like talking about crushes around you.
The final and most obvious sign is that she doesn’t like talking about love, crushes, or relationships with you, and why is that? She doesn’t want to expose herself of course! She might be feeling vulnerable if you talk about these things and she would never ever want to risk herself with you knowing – at least not yet when she’s not ready.
15 Signs Your Crush Likes You
1. Steals glances at you
2. Sends and responds with long messages
3. Interested to know more about you
4. Knows details you never told him/her
5. Notices even small details about you
6. Appreciates you even in little things
7. Always willing to help you
8. Can stand long conversations with you
9. Asks for your contact details
10. Responds to invitations
11. Shares secrets with you
12. Unusually presentable when s/he knows you would be around
13. Finds ways to be near you always
14. Becomes awkward, timid, or hyper when you are around
15. Changes mood when you hang out with someone else
Please visit 15 Signs Your Crush Likes You for the details.
11 Things Girls Want in a Relationship
1. Unconditional love
3. Honesty and transparency
4. Mutual Trust
6. Faithfulness and loyalty
7. Patience and understanding
9. Commitment and direction
10. Practical and emotional support
11. Personal growth
Please visit Things Girls Want in a Relationship for the details.
16 Things Girls Find Attractive in Guys
4. Has an ambition
13. Has a sense of humor
Please visit 16 Things Girls Find Attractive in Guys for the details.
5 Ways to Keep a Girl Interested in You
1. Be creative. All the time.
2. Be in control of the relationship.
3. Don’t tell everything.
4. Communication is key.
5. Resurrect chivalry.
Please visit 5 Ways to Keep a Girl Interested in You for the details.
20 Cute Signs She Loves You Secretly
1. She Cares about What You Think of Her.
2. She Always Wants to Catch Your Attention.
3. She Dresses to Impress Whenever You Will Be Around.
4. She Showers You with Attention.
5. She Likes Having You Alone to Herself.
6. She Blushes When You Compliment Her.
7. She is Concerned about You.
8. She is Always the First to Respond When You Need Help.
9. She is Willing to Be Your Shoulder to Cry On.
10. She Always Checks on You.
11. She Defends You.
12. She Appreciates Every Small Thing You Do for Her.
13. She Thanks You All the Time.
14. She Treasures the Simple Gifts You Gave Her Long Time Ago.
15. She Expresses How Important You are to Her.
16. She is Often the First One to Greet You on Your Birthday.
17. She Tells You Her Secrets.
18. She Always Calls and Talks to You When Needing Comfort.
19. She is Clingy to You.
20. She Appears Jealous When You Talk to Other Girls.
Please visit Cute Signs She Loves You Secretly for the details.
You have got to remember that this is only a compilation of signs and there’s no guarantee when to know for sure if a girl truly likes you. While that’s the downside to this, always keep a positive chin up! You can always ask her directly or even drop your own hints and see if she picks it up, whatever your decision may be, remember that love is a fun adventure.
Take your sweet time and enjoy the ride!
Books recommended for you
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Online courses recommended for you:
- Relationship Coaching: Transform Problems into Growth & Love:
Develop true love & greater intimacy & a relationship growth mindset, stop destructive conflicts, find meaning & purpose.
- Love & Connection: The Science of Successful Relationships:
This course will show you how to examine the unknown path that you’ll travel with your spouse, and carefully evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship.
ALSO READ: 12 Real Signs of True Love from a Woman